Shopping for your pregnant body

I got a lot of questions about this dress when I first posted it on my Instagram; both from women who are pregnant and in my shoes, and women who are not. Now the cat is out of the bag, my maternity shopping secret is…ZARA! For me your everyday maternity clothing stores is so ugly, but I do make the exception of buying the basic maternity tights and tees ONLY! When I was pregnant with Mason all I wanted was to still look like myself (but bigger) and that is where I discovered a new sense of style by shopping at inexpensive trendy stores. I came up with a couple of styling rules and stuck to them. Being on trend and being myself is very important for me to be happy with my growing pregnant body, so I hope these style hacks will help you with your pregnancy style.


Here are my top 3 maternity shopping tips:

1. Dresses- buying form fitting or a high waistline and a flared bottom is the best cut of dress to get, because it grows with your baby bump. That is why this flower print dress is perfect, plus the slit adds a little sexiness when there is no sexiness left.

2. Shoes- buying shoes as a pregnant women is pretty annoying because your feet takes on the weirdest transformation. When I was pregnant with Mason my feet grew a size bigger and it got so wide that I couldn't fit into any of my designer shoes. I wore my Uggs so much that in 3 months the sole started to wear out. However for the times I couldn't slip into my Uggs I bought shoes at Zara, because I found their shoes to be wide enough for my feet and they had a huge variety of styles. Also I was able to wear them to death (like the Uggs) and then just throw them away.


3. Jeans- buying bottoms (especially jeans) are probably the worst experience I have when I am pregnant, but my seamstress taught me this trick to turn regular jeans into maternity jeans. It is an easy hack by cutting the pockets and the waistband that the pockets are attached to and stitching a thick elastic band in replacement of the cut out. Trust me its easier than it seems and don't worry a tutorial on my YouTube channel will be coming soon.  

xoxo
P&P

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

Thank you for your comment :)

xoxo
P&P